The future of social commerce and beauty is here.
And it's thrilling.
Open Role: Business GeneralistAt Friendshop (Y Combinator W19), we’re reimagining the way consumers shop online. Since its inception, e-commerce in the United States has always focused on the individual shopping experience. Friendshop is rewriting that experience by integrating social into the core of our product. We are an e-commerce platform where friends can get deals on premium skincare & cosmetics when they shop together. We’re looking for a well-rounded business hire to help bring this vision to market. As the first business hire, you will play an integral role in expanding our reach, exploring and executing on market opportunities, and ultimately changing the arc of our story.
You will play key roles in marketing, sales, and business partnerships/operations. The ideal candidate can move quickly and think on their feet to execute creative strategies to bring Friendshop to market. We’re looking for a hustler who isn’t afraid to get into the weeds. You will take end-to-end ownership on projects, aided by a rigorous, data-driven approach to success. You will be closely supported by our co-founders who are experienced business and technology leaders in Silicon Valley.
- Come up with and execute strategies to grow awareness about Friendshop and drive sales. Have a sharp eye for identifying and taking advantage of opportunities in the market.
- Strategize and execute a campus ambassador program to spread the word about Friendshop across college campuses throughout the US. Manage relationships with campus ambassadors and motivate them to hit sales targets.
- Run online growth marketing for Friendshop. Create, run, and evaluate creative ads on Facebook, Google, Instagram, Youtube etc.
- Negotiate partnerships with beauty brands ranging from small indie labels to large multi-million dollar companies.
- Manage partnership accounts to make sure our current partners’ needs are met and look for opportunities where we can serve them further.
- Come up with a strategy to take Friendshop to the press.
- Manage potential contractors or employees you may need to execute your projects.
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2+ years of experience in a related field
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Sharp sales skills. You should be able to sell to both consumers and potential partners.
- Track record of success. We want to see examples in the past where you took end-to-end ownership on a large, ambiguous project and saw it to success. This could be anything from successfully executing the go-to-market strategy for consumer products you have worked for in the past to founding a large student organization or hosting a conference. Tell us an anecdote about a time you started something new or hustled your way into something when the odds were stacked against you.
- A relentlessly positive attitude
We're looking for innovative thinkers and rebellious spirits to join our team at Friendshop HQ in San Francisco. Get in touch and tell us about yourself at email@example.com.